Contrary to Mother Nature’s plans – in spite of the blizzard that blanketed much of the northeast this week – springtime is actually almost here. The spring equinox arrives next week, March 20th, and with the start of spring comes thoughts of warmer weather, spring cleaning and maintenance.
Spring is the perfect time to tend to your commercial building’s roof, but before you pull out the ladder and hop on the roof to perform maintenance make sure you’re doing more good than harm by following our roofing do’s and don’ts tips.
– Do have your roof inspected frequently and regularly (twice per year, at least) and carry out recommended preventive maintenance. Inspection and maintenance can prolong the life of your roof.
– Do thoroughly read your inspection reports. If you are unclear about anything in the report, ask your contractor for more information. When your roof requires preventive maintenance or replacement, obtain and thoroughly review the scope of work.
– Do take the time to research roofing contractors. Make your choice of roofing contractor based on research. You want a professional, reputable, reliable contractor to take care of your roof.
– Don’t perform your own maintenance. Even something as simple as clearing snow from your roof can be dangerous.
– Don’t panic if you experience a roof leak. If your roof is regularly inspected and maintained, whatever is causing the leak is likely a fairly simple fix for a trained roofing professional.
– Don’t hire just anyone to work on your roof without seeing their credentials.
Keeping your commercial roof in a good state of health really boils down to two things – frequent, regular inspections and preventive maintenance. Contact your roofing contractor in Minneapolis today to schedule a preventive maintenance check in the coming weeks.